Most Common Documents To Be Notarized

As a Notary Public, I am available to notarize many documents, such as:

  • Estate Planning – Trusts, Power of Attorney, Health Care Directives
  • Trust Certifications
  • Wealth Management / Private Banking / Financial  / Insurance
  • Real Estate Documents
  • Loans – Refinances, Purchases, HELOCs, Ship Mortgages
  • Construction  – Waivers, Claims, Releases Upon Payment
  • Deeds – Quitclaim Deed, Grant Deed, Deed of Trust & others
  • Powers of Attorney & Certified Copies of Powers of Attorney
  • Adoption – medical, employer verification, background, etc.
  • Divorce / Settlement Agreements / Pre-nuptial Agreements
  • Permission to Travel; Passport Applications for Minors
  • Wills (Only if prepared by an Attorney)
  • And many, many more, as needed.

The ONLY Acceptable Forms of Identification must be original, non-expired, or issued within the last five years. (Photocopies are not acceptable.) The ID must have the EXACT name or LONGER than the name as it appears on the document.

These Forms of ID are as follows:

  • An original identification card or driver’s license issued by  California DMV
  • An original passport issued by the Department of State of the United States

The following additional forms of Identification must also be original, non-expired, or issued within the last five years, AND must contain a photograph and description of the person named on it, signed by the person, and bear a serial or other identifying number:

  • A passport issued by a foreign government
  • A driver’s license issued by another state, or by a Canadian or Mexican public agency authorized to issue drivers’ licenses
  • An identification card issued by another State
  • A United States military identification card with the required photograph, description, signature and identifying number
  • An inmate identification card issued by the Department of Corrections and  Rehabilitation, if the inmate is in custody
  • An employee identification card issued by an agency or office of the State of California, or by an agency or office of a city or county in this State
  • A Consular ID (issued to immigrants by the consulates of their home country.)

Credible Witnesses may be used when signer does not possess an acceptable form of identification.  (Requires TWO people who personally know the signer and have acceptable forms of ID. They cannot be related to the Signer or named in the documents.)